1. Wear shoes that tie or regular water shoes....a lot of people loose flip-flops.
2. Pack all items in a water proof bag (dry bag) that you don't want to get wet, tie all items to the canoe, and leave at home things you don't want to lose, rings, watches, billfolds, money, necklaces, etc.
3. Bring towels and dry clothes and personal items for showers.
4. There are no fast food restaurants...McDonalds, Hardee’s, etc, within 14 miles, we have a camp store with snacks, soft drinks, water, and ice.
5. Bring sunscreen, and bug spray.
6. Bring something to keep glasses or sunglasses on.
7. Bring back as much as you take with you ...cans bottles, paper, but don't litter our river...pack out what you pack in. We support and practice Leave No Trace wilderness ethics, and strongly urge you to also. For more information click here LNT.
8. If you are with a group, plan for a lead and a tail canoe, and no one should get out from between them.
9. Try to be on time....that way you don't hold us or the next group up.
10. If you must cancel...have the courtesy to call us and let us know.
11. All fisherman must have a fishing license, the fine for fishing without a license is quite high.
12. All children under age 13 must wear their life jacket at all times, this is a state law.